Wednesday 4 April 2012

Last weekend – plenty of vintage cars

We saw loads of these on Clarks Lane, near Tatsfield, last Sunday.
A brief mention of last week's ride. Once again, we only went out once, this time on Sunday, and we cycled to the Tatsfield Churchyard. No photographs were taken because, by now, we should all know what a churchyard looks like. For me, while I like the churchyard (unless it's raining) it always brings home the reality of life, which nags at me here and there and, of course, I start to think about dad, whose anniversary comes round soon.

Last Sunday saw a huge rally of vintage Austin 7s. There must have been over 100 of them on the road, mainly 7s, but there were other, larger vintage cars, bigger Austins. Predictably, the drivers, like the cars, were crusty and old and wrapped up warm. Some of the cars were convertibles. Where they were going, I don't know, but judging by the numbers stuck to their windscreens – I saw no.259 – the whole thing must have attracted over 300 cars.

Photograph courtesy of the Beds & Herts Vintage and Classic Car Club. Click here for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment