Saturday 18 January 2020

Sunday 12 January - to Westerham!

General Wolfe doing his stuff on Westerham Green
I didn't ride on Saturday 11 January, but Andy rode to Smallfield alone. I didn't get to bed until gone midnight and had to abort. On Sunday last weekend we rode to Westerham. It was fairly pleasant on the weather front and when we got there we had planned to visit the Tudor Rose, but the chairs were on the tables so we set up camp on the green and got out the tea. That was it, really. We chatted, we people-watched and then we headed home, up the hill which, as I've said many times before, was much easier and less daunting than we thought it would be. Andy said goodbye and we promised to meet on Saturday at the usual place. But we didn't. I'd forgotten that I'd be going to Budapest on Thursday and flying back on Friday, but I wasn't aware the flight would be delayed and as a result I'd not be home until 0100hrs. Hopefully the weather will hold out for Sunday 19 January, the birthday of an old pal, Paul Hooper who, sadly, is no longer with us. Anyway, tomorrow with a bit of luck.

Exotic window display in a Westerham shop



No comments:

Post a Comment