Monday 23 December 2019

Rained off...but here's hoping!

This weekend's cycling was rained off completely. It simply hasn't stopped raining. When I looked out at 0600hrs, the rain was hammering next door's rooftop puddle so I immediately sent out an abort text. It happened again on Sunday morning so I sent another abort text and ended up riding alone around the block - my short but hilly six-mile ride. The rain on Saturday was on and off, but mainly in the morning. On both days, I headed out mid-morning, around 1100hrs, and was back in the house 40 minutes later, managing to ride out during a lull in the rain.

This shot taken by Andy Smith on Church Lane, last week! Big puddle!
A brief comment on the above photograph from last weekend's ride: I was behind Andy and passed through the puddle when the car behind the one above reached the puddle. Fortunately he slowed right down and didn't make as big a splash, which was good. I remember cycling through the above puddle on the outward journey and my left foot was completely submerged in the water. All I needed was a clockwork motorboat and I could have spent the morning there messing around with a toy boat and having, quite literally, 'hours of fun'.

It is now Monday morning, 0842hrs, and I am planning to ride out every day until the new year. Might head off in a minute OR leave it until after we've completed our festive chores. It's important that I ride today and tomorrow and possibly even Christmas day too as my record for mid-week rides has been piss poor, something like 010 over the past three weeks. But right now I'm just sitting here and considering another cup of tea, possibly a fried egg sandwich, who knows?

1132310101(10)

No comments:

Post a Comment